PNCR 17TH BIENNIAL DELEGATES CONGRESS, 27TH – 29TH JULY 2012 (Issued Friday 6th July 2012)
Preparations are now well on the way for the convening of the 17th Biennial Delegates Congress of the People’s National Congress Reform, which will take place here at Congress Place, the Headquarters of the Party, from Friday 27th July to Sunday 29th July 2012.
Under the Theme: “A UNITED PNCR, SECURING OUR FUTURE THROUGH A GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL UNITY”, this 17th Biennial Delegates Congress aims to advance the dialogue within the Party regarding its role and contribution towards the goal of a united and prosperous Guyana.
The Congress programmes will feature three (3) distinct sessions viz:-
1. The Opening Session – Day 1 (Friday 27th July 2012)
2. The Business Session – Day 2 (Saturday 28th July 2012)
3. The Elections of Office Bearers – Day 3 (Sunday 29th July 2012)
The Opening Session on Day 1 will feature the Party Chairman’s welcome and opening address, as well as the feature address by Outgoing Leader, Mr. Robert H.O. Corbin. These addresses will be interspersed with appropriate Cultural Items, including the Congress Theme Song by the Mighty Canary.
The Business Session on Day 2 will feature the report of the General Secretary, a Plenary Session and consideration of Questions and Motions submitted by Party Groups.
The Elections of Office Bearers will take place on Day 3 when the following offices will be up for election:-
1. Party Leader,
2. Party Chairman,
3. Two Vice Chairpersons,
4. Treasurer, and
5. Fifteen (15) members of the Central Executive Committee.
At the close of nominations for the Party Officers and CEC Members, as well as for the submission of Delegates and Observers, on 15th June 2012, a total of one hundred and seventy four (174) groups, both local and overseas, were approved by the Secretariat for Accreditation to this Congress.
The total numbers of Group Nominations for the various positions were as follows:
1. Party Leader – 168 Group Nominations
2. Party Chairman – 159 Group Nominations
3. Party Treasurer – 151 Group Nominations
For the positions of Vice Chairpersons each Group was entitled to submit two (2) nominees. The total number of nominees submitted for this category was three hundred and twenty eight (328).
The names of the nominees and the number of Group Nominations they received are as follows:
1. For the position of Party Leader: David Granger – 108; Carl Greenidge – 55; Robert Corbin – 2; Aubrey Norton – 1; Basil Williams – 1; and Volda Lawrence – 1.
2. For the position of Party Chairman: Bishwaishwar “Cammie” Ramsaroop – 60; Basil Williams – 57; Clement Corlette – 15; Aubrey Norton – 12; and 8 others (14).
3. For the position of Party Treasurer: Ronald Bulkan – 46; Clarence Charles – 33; Volda Lawrence – 27; Ivelaw Henry – 13; Clement Corlette – 8; and 5 others (7).
4. For the position of Party Vice Chairpersons: Dr. George Norton – 106; Basil Williams – 80; Volda Lawrence – 61; Deborah Backer – 16; Aubrey Norton – 12; Joseph Harmon – 11; Bishwaishwar “Cammie” Ramsaroop – 7; Robert Corbin – 7; James Bond – 6; and 15 others (22)
All nominees were requested to indicate by 30th June 2012 their acceptance of the nomination and ninety (90) of the one hundred and twenty nine (129) nominees responded. Failure to respond means that, should they otherwise qualify, their names would automatically appear on the Ballot for the position/s for which they were nominated.
People’s National Congress Reform
Congress Place, Sophia
Friday 6th July 2012
Visit our website @ www.guyanapnc.org and www.pncrguyana.com
Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/pnc.reform
Copyright 2008-2009 PNCR. All Rights Reserved.
Designed By: Denton Osborne